Saturday, October 19, 2013

I will always hold your place!

My son, who is a US Marine, was deployed, in August. There are not words to describe what a mother, a family, goes through when their son, daughter, husband, father, loved one, is deployed.
To me and my family, it is like a piece of of hearts have been ripped from our chest, I know that he is among awesome, brilliant, loyal and trained people, who live to watch each others' backs, have a bond forged in every thing they do, and have done together. Their loyalty to our country, belief in the fact that, their job has an intimate goal of keeping us safe here at home, as we go on in our day to day lives. But as the mother of a Marine, I pray everyday for his safety, strength and safe return home to our family. I am so blessed to say that I have a son who is, not only my heart, but he is a wonderful husband to my daughter in law, a best friend to his sister, a loving son to his father and loving member of our whole family. He is one of the most loyal, honest, and caring people I know, as are all my kids. I could not have asked for better kids. I wrote a post earlier and I have edited and revised, but this is the new updated version, inspired by my son, that I sent to him to read and have when he needs to be reminded of how much he is loved. It is how I feel for my kids, but this one was written when I was missing him so much that I felt heart sick. This says in words, the best way I can, how they hold my heart in the palm of their hands.

I will always hold your place-
As long as I breathe-
The place in my heart and soul ,that is yours,
the moment I saw your sweet face and knew, without a shadow of a doubt ,that,every step I took, every lesson I learned, every happy day, every tear, every victory and loss,
Every life changing horror that I survived, brought you to me.
The dream that I didn't know I dreamed,
 the wish and blessing that god saw fit to grant me, the gift of you, that fills my heart to overflowing , strengthening my faith in miracles, 
when I had been tested, beaten and almost broken by this life.
But because I have always had that place,
In my fathers' heart, that 
Kept me strong, helped me survive , and taught me true, real,unconditional love! That many, many people speak of, but never truly know.
That place is forever mine, a gift that is priceless,timeless and irreplaceable, that lives on daily, and was gifted to you, through me. 
That true, loyal, unconditional
Love,that is given freely with every kind word and action.
The look that says more than words,
 the swelling of our hearts when we walk away  from each other, because you will be missed so much that We feel like something is being ripped from our chest! 
The moments we have daily that remind us of each other, that make us heart -sick, to see each other, but ,knowing that you will be okay because, you are being missed and loved just as much.
Faith in that love, that place, that face, keeps the smile on your face and the tears from your eyes. 
Knowing that every day, on this earth, you are loved, you are being prayed for, you are blessed, you are being cheered on in all things you do, big and small,you are the reason and rhyme , that keeps hope alive when this world tries to wear you down and beat you.
This gift we have, that is ours alone, to carry within us , that makes us stronger, better, happier and unstoppable.
Our weapon against anything that we may face, our invisible armour that shields us ,and keeps us strong.
To do our best, be kind when we can, make a difference and give hope in a world that can be cold, lonely, cruel, hopeless.
Waiting to kick you when your down.
You carry a gift that can't be seen by all, only by some, but that gift makes you shine when others are dull, in all that you do, you will shine and leave your mark, and be unstoppable! 
Because we believe, that is all we need!
The safe place, 
where you are loved for who you are,
The place where you are not alone for one moment, because you share your life with the ones you love.
The place you go to when you feel that the world is full of strangers. 
You can close your eyes, and see a face that is home and love, and you are renewed in the knowledge that,  
when the ones you love close their eyes- they see your face- you are their home and love- and that one little moment-
makes  you stronger, happier, and unafraid to face the world!
Knowing that, in this world of broken promises, and unkind words, there is a place,
 there is a face, that holds your promises dear and true, and always has kind words for you, just because you are you...
The face that lights up just to see your face or speak your name.
The place that,no one else ,could ever take ,
because it is uniquely yours, 
in your heart and theirs.
To have that place, 
and have that face, is a gift and blessing,and when you have it, you can never imagine your life without it!
And when you see others that have never had this gift, it makes you sad for them, because everyone deserves to know true, real,unconditional love at least once in their life.
Knowing that you make the sunshine sweeter, the rainy days happier, the best days  better, the future brighter.
 It's  the smile that touches your face,every time you close your eyes, and you know that you are blessed with love that is yours,unending and unbreakable.
You carry it in your heart and soul, it's always there,
through the hard times and bad days. 
In this world that tries to hold you back, slow you down,  and break you,
you are blessed with that place and that face,  that  they are there, to give you strength, to take that step, dream that dream and do your best. 
Its there, when life feels too hard and others are trying to lead you from your path.
Hold it close, treasure it,
and know that, its Yours and No One can take it,or change it!
You take it with you wherever you go, 
and when you need it, 
when you are feeling sad, unsure, alone,or just need a little hope or love,  
close your eyes for a moment, and there, in a world of strangers, you have that place, that face, that holds you near and dear, loves you unconditionally, wants you happy, feels your pain,wants to make it all better somehow, and wants to make that moment, when you think of that place, that face,
 the moment that you know,
without the shadow of a doubt,that your irreplaceable,
and loved more than life. 
And know, you are that place, that face, that moment ,
to the ones that you love, that keeps us strong, loved, unafraid and able to face all that this world has to offer.
No matter the distance or passage of time,  you are never alone,
 just close your eyes for a moment,
 I'm there,as long as I breathe and even after that, I'm  that place, that face, your love and your home, as you are mine and ours, always.....Mom
(Queenersmom)





No comments:

Post a Comment